Re: [HoB/D] Who Will Be the 26th Presiding Bishop?

XXXXXXXXXXX,

No matter how a bishop voted on consents to NH, any nominee for PB will be,
and should be, examined by both sides on how she or he can hope to lead all,
not just those who agreed with that nominee's vote.

Not every one who voted the way that I did on C045 would make a good
Presiding Bishop, and some who voted differently from me might make a good
Presiding Bishop.

I hope that my report makes it easier to frame that and many other important
questions of the potential nominees.

I focus on many other variables:  age, length of service as a bishop,
ethnicity, gender, current type of bishop........   And if you click on any
bishop's name,  you can access information about the bishop's education,
marriage data, voting record on a variety of recorded votes, size of
See,......     I expect to add additional information about stewardship
nearer the time of convention to have the most recent data, and at the same
time I will be updating my Profile of the House of Bishops to reflect the
changes since 2003.

XXXXXX, it is you, not I, who have singled out from a detailed report the
vote on consent to NH as a singular litmus test. You must take
responsibility for such obsessive single-mindedness.

When the museum takes a fig leaf off the statue, those who are mature see
the statue whole and do not gawk like naughty schoolboys at what had been
previously covered.

Louie Crew, L1 Newark.  Member of Executive Council
377 S. Harrison St., 12D, East Orange, NJ 07018.  973-395-1068
http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/rel.2.html  Anglican Pages