Re: A Tainted Easter Message [from the Washington Post]

Yes, tainted.

Judas paid the price for his own conscience.  The Archbishop of Uganda is
asking the poorest and most vulnerable to pay the price for his conscience.
While he jets about pointing fingers at the sins he finds on the other side
of the world, he cuts his poorest folks from the aid they so desperately
need.

Archbishop Orombi is a liar.  He pledges that he will listen to the stories
of lesbian and gay Christians, yet fiercely isolates himself from that
witness and pronounces against them in ways that make his country and his
church quite unsafe for them.

God is indeed in control, and not everybody talking about God has taken care
to see him in those we deem the least among us.  I did not write that
Judgment Day criterion, but will face it just as surely as will you and the
Archbishop.  May God have mercy on us all.

Louie, a gay Christian

Louie Crew, PhD, DD, DD, DHL
Member of Executive Council (the Board of Directors) of the Episcopal Church
Chair of deputation of the Diocese of Newark to General Convention

P.S.  I wish you would not cower in anonymity:  stand up and say who you
are.  Rfreelife@aol.com reveals nothing.