Re: Perpetua and All Her Companions

> Louie,
>
> This is really sick--are you a Christian following Jesus--or just a sick man
> letting his little head do all his thinking for him.
>
> I know you don't care what impact you are having on the church, the faith of
> so many devastated by your adolescent humor--but at least maintain some
> level appropriateness before you die so that you don't make a joke of the
> faith so many of us hold so dear.
>
> XXXXX XXXXX once told me that homosexuality was simply an adolescent sexual
> obsession out of which some people never mature--surely you are proving that
> to many of us.

This respondent Reminds me of a poem I wrote 25 years ago from a
persona like his:

Dominus in Delicto Flagrante

God, I can't pray just now,
     though you're the ruler
of the universe.

Some people
     have been saying
that you
     might not even be a real man,
     might be instead an androgynous mutation.

Forgive me for my difficulties
     in paying attention.
I do find it distracting
     if I don't know for sure
what's under that robe
     you're wearing
and whether those whiskers are fake.

It was difficult enough
     when those black children
started coloring you black.
     Before long
even sissies will be saying
     that you lisp
or go about in drag.

God, I think I'm about to lose
     my religion,
and you'll
     just have to thunder again
if you're going to get me back.

                  -- Louie Crew

Has appreared:

   TwIntegrity  December 1981-January 1982: 5
   Coffeehouse Poets' Quarterly~ Winter 1992:  18.  Used  my Chinese penname
                 Li Min Hua.
   Caught in the Net 20 (July 2004)