Re: [HoB/D] ELCA getting ready to release report on homosexuality

> Bishop Rick Foss of the Eastern North Dakota Synod said he does not
> believe the church should change its policies on homosexuality, but
> he said the church must do a better job of relating to homosexuals.
>
> "We have to figure out how to care for God's people, including those who
> describe themselves as gay and lesbian," Foss said.

`Yeah.   We've been shaming them into silence for years, but it's not
working anymore.  More and more now insist on identifying who they are.  We
need to tell them that we don't really want to shame them; it's God that
makes us do it.  Even God will welcome them if they'll just stop loving each
other. '

Whew!  That's what happens when bowels are clogged with ecclesiastical
concrete.  They're supposed to be filled with mercy.

Lord, have mercy.  Christ, have mercy.  Lord, have mercy!

L.

       If Michelangelo had been straight, he would have painted
       the Sistine Chapel off-white, with a roller.

                                             --Rita Mae Brown