Re: Question

Being 'out of Communion' is a vague term that operates differently on
many levels.  When a diocese is 'out of Communion' with another, it is
not at all likely that unwelcome would be manifested to a visitor from
the spurned diocese, and certainly even the spurned diocese itself
might expect requests for grants from the spurner if the spurner is in
need.   At the Lambeth gathering last month, several bishops planned
not to have Eucharist with the whole because they were out of
communion with The Episcopal Church, yet on the urging of the
Archbishop relented and all had Eucharist together.

I do not know the details of such protests after the ordination of
women, and am looking for that information.  I do know that none of
our women bishops could receive a license to serve in Britain today,
nor in many other parts of the Anglican Communion.  But how many would
even want to:  bishops normally are chosen by a diocese to serve in
that place.  While all are bishops for the whole church, those whom
they oversee are in one location.

Thank you for your kind words.

L.