Re: [HoB/D] leaving

On Aug 30 12:52am XXXXXXXXXXXXXX wrote:

> All very nice to say just let people leave and take the property with them
> but it is not theirs to take - and there are many faithful people in those
> dioceses and churches who don't want to leave. The property is a legacy to them
> held in trust for the past and the future. XXXXXXX

According to some estimates, more than 60% of the members of TEC were
as adults earlier members of another denomination.  When we left, most
of us did so quietly, not banging the door, not asking to take back
our own offerings, and certainly not asking to take with us the
property purchased by the offerings of others.