Those hurt and those blessed by the actions towards lbgts by GC 2003

Compline is my favorite service, and one line from it has taken on new
meaning as I have watched contrasts that you describe:  I always
understood "shield the joyous" as focused on THEIR protection; I now
understand that we also pray to protect those made unhappy by their
joy.   That balancing act may well be as close as we can get to
the experience of God moment by moment in chronos.  I rejoice that we
like God can also dwell in chairos, where both are reconciled.

May God keep us uneasy with joy that pains and with pain that
diminishes joy.