Re: Mischief from the AAC

>      The fact that many of our "friends" are fence-sitting gives me
> the odd feeling that they don't put us in an automatic-dignity
> category, but have their doubts about our legitimacy.
>
>      Surely, they'd come out swinging if any AC bishops challenged
> Church membership on the basis of race,
> conversion-from-other-faiths, or culture....

You're right, because those battles are over and won, so there is no
price for supporters to pay in coming out swinging.  It was not always
so.  I can well remember when the bishop and bishop coadjutor of my
own diocese wrote to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. that he should quit
meddling in politics and preach the Gospel instead.  He named both of
them in the letter he wrote from jail.

We have the enormous privilege of asking the Church to allow God to do
a new thing, allowing God to be God, allowing God to love absolutely
everybody. It is precisely in times like these that Jesus bids us,
"Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for so persecuted they the prophets
who were before you."

Love, L.

               ^^^^^^
               ++++++  Quean Luti of the Alabama Belles/Louie
               ======