Re: A punch in the stomach [re: withdrawal of Jeffrey John as Bishop of Reading]

We have watched a stoning.  At one point, as reported in the press,
someone sent Jeffrey John a mail parcel filled with excrement.  What a
triumph for bigotry, hatred, and small mindedness, ecclesiastical
politics by mob rule!

General Convention must counterstate this, lest the mob drown out
every piece of news genuinely good that we have heard in the last 30
years.

Louie Crew, Ph.D., D.D., D.D.
Member of Executive Council
377 S. Harrison St., 12D, East Orange, NJ 07018-1222. 973-395-1068
http://newark.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/rel.html  Anglican Pages

               There are 24 days left until General Convention.