Re: Jesus loves the homosexuals

On Jun 19 8:27pm Stephen Hobbs wrote:

> He just hates homosexuality. Read the bible before you quote from it
> my friend.

Thank you for your concern for my soul.  Of course Jesus loves me: Jesus
loves absolutely everybody!  He never met a sinner whom he did not like.
They would not have kept inviting him back to their homes if he had spent
much time telling them how much he hated their behavior. He was much more
concerned with their thirst than with their sin.  He nailed all our sins
to the Cross.

In spite of the ubiquity of homosexual practice in the Roman occupation,
Jesus makes no reference to homosexuality or homosexuals per se, although
he frequently alluded to other gentile behavior.

Do not re-write the Bible to have it say "God so loved the world that He
gave his only begotten son that whosoever is heterosexual and believes on
him shall not perish but have everlasting life."

May God bless you and keep you.

Lutibelle/Louie

Louie Crew, Ph.D., D.D., D.D.
Member of Executive Council and the Board of Directors of the
   Episcopal Church USA
377 S. Harrison St., 12D, East Orange, NJ 07018-1222. 973-395-1068
http://newark.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/rel.html  Anglican Pages

               There are 40 days left until General Convention.