Yr. computer can prompt you several times a day for the Daily Offices; HOUR BY HOUR too

Perhaps others have been doing this all along, but I share the process
with those who have not.  Windows (98 and after?) has a Task
Scheduler.  If installed, its icon likely appears in the group of
icons at opposite end of the same bar as your START button. With it,
you can schedule your browser go at specific hours every day to the
Daily Office.  I use the one at
http://www.missionstclare.com\english\index.html

The syntax I use in the RUN bar of the Task Scheduler is, all on one
line:

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"
www.missionstclare.com\english\index.html

You would need to alter the 'IEXPLORE.EXE' address to suit your own
browser and its location.

The lectionary at http://www.missionstclare.com\english\index.htm is
itself a great resource even if you do not automate your visits to it.
Once there, I usually choose the current month for READ ONLINE RITE 2.
That gives a calendar with all the appropriate text for Morning
Prayer, Evening Prayer, Noonday Prayers, and Compline.

I also program my computer to ring church bells for a minute before
taking me to the online daily office.  I use the bell sound at
http://timecapsulepro.com/Sound%20Effects/Bells/ChurchBells1.wav

And while on resources for prayer, I highly recommend the new
abbreviated Prayer Book, HOUR BY HOUR from
http://www.forwardmovement.org, which allows one to say the hours:
morning, noon, evening, and Compline -- organized by the days of the
week.  It is leather, small enough to fit in a pocket.

And at   http://rci.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/praygc.html you can access a
prayer calendar for the year which contains all known birthdays and
anniversaries of unions of bishops and deputies.  At
http://newark.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/gctoday.html you can access the same
information for the current day, and you can write me privately if you
want to have the information for the current day mailed to you just
after midnight.

Keep prayer common!

L., Newark L2, Member of Executive Council
http://newark.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/rel.html  Anglican Pages

               There are 47 days left until General Convention.