Re: ECUSA and two minds

If you study church history, especially Anglican history, we have
never had a time with a full consensus; we have always had radically
different interpretations of whatever at the time is considered the
`basics.'  The Elizabethan Settlement, which set us on our course,
attempted to allow lots of wiggle room for all sides.

So did Jesus.  When quizzed about which commandments are most
important, he said that all must hang on just two, and `correct
doctrine' is not one of them.

St. Paul said that of faith, hope, and love -- love is by far the
greatest.  If we don't have it, faith that can move mountains will
count for nothing.

We see as only through a dirty glass.  God knows us already, and
already loves us.

Arguing over how to split distracts from these fundamental truths.

Joy to you.

LC