Why I am running for PHD

I met with the Presiding Bishop and with Dean Werner on January 16 to
inform them that I am running for President of the House of Deputies.

I feel it important to offer my gifts at this time -- as a  mediator,
facilitator, and organizer.  I believe democratic institutions are best
served when the electors have a choice.

* I will work tirelessly to unite us in mission.
* I will promote transparency and accountability.
* I will assure good communications.

I would serve with

*  fairness to all
*  irenic discourse
*  careful attention to detail
*  great respect for our constitutional form of governance
*  a strong commitment to the church's major mission -- "to restore all
   people to unity with God and each other in Christ."

We are sorely in need of reconciliation across the many differences that
divide us.

I realize that I would be moving from advocacy to governance, just as I
did when I chaired for two terms the Senate of Rutgers, a university with
48,000 students.  One of my greatest pleasures in that office was to
enable the full participation of advocates with whom I disagreed.

I also  recently served two terms as President of the Standing Committee
of the Diocese of Newark.

I hope that my candidacy, win or lose, will demonstrate that Grace is
amazing still.

I welcome all counsel.

Louie Crew, 377 S. Harrison St., 12D, E. Orange, NJ 07018 973-395-1068
http://newark.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/365plus.html Reasons to be an Episcopalian

See my resume at http://newark.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/crew.html